Fix the Error Sound Opening Device on Audacity using three simple solutions. This issue usually happens when recording devices are not available. It may also occur when the sample rate you have set on Audacity is not supported by the sound card you have on your computer.
Whatever the case may be, we have the best fixes for you. These solution are quite easy and will not take you a lot of time to do.
If you want to solve this common issue with Audacity, then continue reading the entire article and choose which of the methods below will work the best for you.
Fix Error Sound Opening Device on Audacity
As what is mentioned, we are going to share with you three of the simplest solutions we have found. Here are they:
Solution #1: Check if the external sound device is enabled.
If you have disabled the external speakers or microphone, it is possible to cause the Error Sound Opening Device on Audacity. It is better to check the external sound devices first.
To do that, follow the steps below:
- On your screen, right-click the speaker icon located on the system tray of your desktop.
- Then, select Playback devices.
- If the speakers are disabled, right-click on it and enable them one by one.
- Next, check if the microphone is enabled.
- Again, right-click the speaker icon and now select the Recording devices.
- If the microphone has been disabled, right-click on it and click Enable.
Solution #2. Configure the Audio device in Audacity
This solution can be done inside the Audacity.
- Launch Audacity on your desktop.
- Then, go to Edit Menu and select Preferences.
- Chose Devices from the selection.
- See the Host and set it to Windows WASAPI and the values in the other field will change automatically.
- Then, click the OK button.
- Try to record and see if the problem has been fixed.
Solution #3. Update Audio Driver
If you have tried the first two solutions but still getting the same error, the problem may be occurring because you have an outdated audio driver. So to fix this issue, you can just simply update your driver.
Updating the driver is not that hard to do. Go to your computer manufacturer’s website and see for the latest version of the audio driver. Download it and install on your device.
If you can’t do it manually, there is an app that can help you do this thing.
Did you solve the Error Sound Opening Device on Audacity? Please leave us a comment if you found this post helpful.
In case you still encounter the same problem after trying the solutions we have given, please let us know. We can find another method for you that will surely work.